We started life in 1999 when our now Managing Director, Robert Crawford, was an amateur cyclist. He put his bike to good use when he wasn’t competing and set up as a one-man band, carrying out small, domestic projects from his bicycle, with tins of paint on his handle bars and a ladder over his shoulder.
Following the successful completion of his first contract, the work kept coming in, and in 2001, Different Strokes Painting and Decorating was born. By this time Robert realised he needed help and employed two decorators, and in 2002, enrolled the help of May as his business partner, to look after the financial side of the business.
Eventually the business grew out of its small office on Shap Road, and Different Strokes moved to Stramongate, in Kendal town centre; in 2018 the business expanded again and bought its current premises at Station Yard, Grange-Over-Sands.
Now in our 23rd year, and with Robert and May still at the helm, we are proud to have a team of 18 painters, including apprentices, and an office support team to take care of your every need. Many of our painters have grown with the company, and consequently have the same vision for quality and eye for detail that Different Strokes has committed to.
Our commitment to you:
At Different Strokes, we take pride in putting our customer first. Our aim is to complete your project in a clean and efficient manner, with 95% dust-free preparation and minimal fuss and disruption to your lifestyle or business.
- Reliable when communicating with our clients at every step of the process.
- Flexible, working around your individual needs and time frames.
- Professional and courteous to have on your premises.
- We have exceptional standards of workmanship and cleanliness.
We continually strive to improve on our service, and regularly ask our customers to provide feedback so that we can monitor our performance. Different Strokes has an ongoing training program with the Construction Skills Certification Scheme, and our dedicated staff are NVQ qualified and trained in Health and Safety.
We are also proud to be:
- Members of CHAS – a trade health and safety recognition
- An approved applicator of Repair Care – a resin timber repair system
- Members of the Painting and Decorating Association
- CITB affiliated
- NEBOSH Certified
- PASMA Qualified
- IPAF Qualified
- Emergency First Aid Qualified
- Trading Standards Approved
- All our team have regular standard Health and Safety training
We offer free, no obligation quotes to all of our customers. Contact us today with the details of your enquiry and one of our office team will be in touch to discuss your needs and arrange a survey.